Table of Contents
Clogging on the kitchen sink is one of the biggest problems nowadays due to standing water, which most women face. A clogged kitchen sink is one of the annoying things in your kitchen, specifically where you go to cook or eat. After washing the dishes or rinsing the frying pan, the problem becomes more attentive. Fibrous food, including potatoes and fruits, remains on plates is another thing which makes clogs. Here in this article, we have provided some efficient ways to unclog a kitchen sink with standing water.
If you feel such a clogging situation at your sink, read the full guide given below to solve your problem.
Best Ways to Unclog Kitchen Sink
Here are some best ways: unique but efficient to use, from boiling water to some chemicals and heavy-duty work conductance. So, if you are going to market and buy some substances, do not do that and follow the given steps to enhance the durability and beauty of a kitchen sink.
1. Use Boiling Water
The first important and foremast way is to use or flood boiling water at your sink. Boling water is not of much importance according to your perspective, but it can easily remove grease, soap, and other oily substances from the sink easily without harming its surface. The plus point is that it helps remove all other spots after boiling water does a magic performance. Here is some step how can you perform usage of boiling water:
- Keep half a gallon of water in the kettle at your stove and boil it for 2 minutes.
- Now flood that boiling water into the kitchen drain directly and then loom the spots, and the biggest substances will be removed.
- Use a faucet and drain the water again to all surfaces very accurately without leaving behind an inch to sink.
2. Remove by Using Plunger
Firstly, to use this method, ensure that your sink has two units, and one of them is for waste disposal. Many of the sinks have double units that why we have mentioned this important step for you. When you through your garbage to another sink, it becomes possible that the wastage unit may collect clogs on its surface. To remove these clogs, use a plunge and use it from one company rather than a wastage unit. Now drain water and plunge slowly and look if waste removes from your surface.
Now wait and look if the plunger removes the clogs and drains with clean water so that all remaining substances remove exactly from the surface. In this way, all grease particles, waster material, and soap particles will be removed.
3. Use Baking Soda and Vinegar
To use baking soda and vinegar is another important and versatile step that is needed. It’s an important and efficient step. To follow this method, specific actions are given below:
- Take a spoon of vinegar along with a scoop of soda and mix them well by keeping them on a plastic dish.
- Keep in mind to mix both of these immediately on the dish and then pure on the draining sink without thinking a second
- Keep the mixture there for 15-20 minutes to affect the surface of the sink in a better way.
- Now clean the draining surface by using hot water (the water should not be very hot or too cold to use; the benefit is that hot water performs a better job to remove clogs than cold water.
- All the spots and clogs will be removed after purring hot water. Repeat the step after few days
4. Use Salt and Baking Soda
Saltwater, along with soda, is another option if you do not have vinegar or an irritant of the vinegar. Here are the steps to follow this method:
- Put half a cup of salt, an anti-clog agent, on a dish, and mix it with some baking soda.
- Put the mixture on the surface of the sink and spread it perfectly
- Now use boiling water or hot water on the surface until all clogs are removed
Note: If you still find a clog on the sink, try this method again after few hours. And you can perform this method normally in routine twice a week to avoid any future clogs.
5. Use a Snake
Using a snake of plumbers is another way that is unique and known by few people only. The snake is a specific device used by plumbers whiles their deep activities. Send a snake through all pipes of the drainage sink and wait if all particles and clogs are removed. In case if you do not find a result, then do this process again. It’s important to remove all hidden clogs on pipes and inner surfaces of the kitchen sink. More you can get help with the provided video below:
Unclog kitchen sink is one of the irritating but important steps because clogging may badly affect your sink’s beauty. Above are some attractive and effective steps to follow. If you are facing such a problem, we highly recommend using the above steps. Still, if you have any issue, fill the contact us form or send us a mail at the given address; we will try to reach you within 24 hours.